Monday, May 12, 2014

Region XI Stewardship Conference

At the region XI (California) Stewardship Conference recently (where Scott was speaking), a presentation by Matt Manion of Catholic Leadership Institute spoke of looking at Catholics in the following intriguing categories gained from recent survey data.
 
% of US Baptized Catholics not practicing - 50 - 60%
# of US Baptized Catholics not practicing  - 36 Million
 
% of US Baptized Catholics practicing - 23% Monthly
                                                                       10% Weekly
# of US Baptized Catholics practicing  - 15 Million Monthly
                                                             -   6 Million Weekly
 
% of US Baptized Catholics Intentional Disciples - 5 -7%
# of US Baptized Catholics Intentional Disciples  - 3 - 4 Million
 
% of US Baptized Catholics Disciple Makers - .04%
# of US Baptized Catholics Disciple Makers - 25,000
 
The data also showed the following responses from Catholics:
 
I consider myself Catholic, though faith is not a significant part of my life
4%
I practice my Catholic faith, but do not know Jesus personally like a friend
27%
I have personally encountered Jesus Christ and am growing as a disciple
38%
My relationship with Jesus Christ is the most important relationship in my life
31%
Expect to hear more about this as we learn from Good Leaders Good Shepherds and the Catholic Leadership Institute.

No comments:

Post a Comment